It’s time to officially kick off the fall semester! This message includes important updates about our September 12th meeting, your first fall assignment, and important administrative tasks that require your attention.
All this information (and much much more) can be found on this website https://teamtwo.msuurbanstem.org/
In fact the immediately curious can find out ALL that we will doing in fall by going to the following: Overview of Fall where you can find specifics and links to ImagineIT and Deep-Play Group work that’s coming up. As always, please let us know how we can best support you and if you have any questions. But that’s not for now. For now here is what you need to do/know:
First Fall Assignment (to be completed before our September 12th meeting):
- If you haven’t already done so, please purchase What Should I Do? Confronting Dilemmas of Teaching in Urban Schools by Anna Richert. (Please note it is available electronically!!).
- Read the book and complete the first two tasks of ImagineIT Phase 4 before our September 12th meeting. Check out the details here.
Details for our September 12th Meeting:
- Location: 26 E. Pearson St. (same classrooms we met in during our summer meetings)
- Time: We will meet from 9am-4pm, as usual with a break for lunch.
- Bring one random item with you to the meeting (and we mean random… in fact we mean QuickFIre random).
- Kyle and Punya will not be able to join us in person, but will be there in spirit! We are excited that Leigh Wolf (program coordinator along with Punya & Sonya) will be there.
There are four administrative tasks to complete ASAP:
1. Make sure your MSU email is forwarded to an email account you check regularly.
- Just a reminder that it is extremely important to follow messages sent to your @msu.edu email account via the MSU Registrar. So be sure that your MSU email has been forwarded to an account that you check regularly. To forward your msu.edu email, log into https://mail.msu.edu and choose MSU Prefs forwarding address section and enter the email address you want your MSU mail to be forwarded to. And yes, don’t forget to hit “Save.”
- Note, if you are having trouble with your MSU NetID (email username) you can go to https://netide.msu.edu/manage/index.html
2. Confirm your attendance in MSU’s StuInfo (https://stuinfo.msu.edu/)
- Please make sure that you have confirmed attendance. If you do not confirm attendance, you may be subject to paying a late fee.
3. Make sure your Direct Deposit Information is correct in MSU’s StuInfo (https://stuinfo.msu.edu/)
- Please make sure your Direct Deposit information is set up correctly as your first fellowship will be dispersed in November. To do this, simply login and then under the “Quick Links” click on “Direct Deposit” and/or “Confirm Attendance”
- NOTE: IF you do not set up Direct Deposit you will have to come to East Lansing in person to pick up your check. For liability reasons the university will not send out the checks via mail.
4. Confirm your grade is correct in MSU’s StuInfo (https://stuinfo.msu.edu/)
- You received an email with final summer feedback and your grade. You can access your official grades via StuInfo>Academics>Grades.